Choosing the right Commercial Printer for your needs
Printed communications not only complement web advertising and social networking but provide many unique marketing advantages. Printing connects with the reader on an emotional level. It is not only seen, but felt, can be carried for later viewing and is very cost effective. When selecting a printing firm one should look beyond the basic triad of quality, price and performance. Communicators who employ multiple kinds of media can do their jobs more effectively by partnering with a printing firm that offers multiple solutions for those parts of their message best carried by print media.
Price – Value.
What solutions should I consider?
The cost of paper, ink, supplies and labor is much the same for printing organizations of similar capabilities. Despite this, print users find that the price of specific projects may vary significantly based on the differing capabilities of the printers they contact. Why is this so?
Factors affecting price…
1. Multiple shift operations.
Printers fully utilizing their equipment are able to reduce cost and price while reducing delivery times. iColor Printing operates on a 24 hour daily schedule and there’s never an additional charge for overtime.
2. Specialized equipment speeds production.
For example, while one printer may operate presses capable of printing both sides of a sheet in one press pass (Called “perfecting”) another printer may be able to print only one side at a time. Perfecting cuts press time approximately in half. The labor savings is obvious and saves money for you. Printers using single side presses cannot compete consistently with those like Knepper Press who operate perfecting presses, both sheet fed and roll fed.
3.Choice of different equipment and printing processes.
A very short run job is usually produced most efficiently on a digital press. A very long run is usually most efficiently produced on a large format, high speed web (roll-fed) press. Other run lengths may be best suited to mid size web or to sheet fed presses. A wise choice is to partner with a versatile firm like iColor Printing which offers a wide range of efficient solutions.
4. Faster throughput.
A printer utilizing the best color and production management systems reduces the costs and time loss associated with physical delivery of proofs, and the cost of remaking color images that don’t match well. iColor Printing uses the Kodak Colorflow System which keeps color consistent throughout the proofing and printing processes.
Value… Am I getting my money’s worth?
Ask yourself these questions
- Is my printer responsive to my needs? Are my e-mails and calls returned promptly?
- Does my printer often make suggestions that will improve the quality of my work or reduce the cost?
- Can I count on my printer to meet scheduled deliveries?
- Can I communicate directly and easily with my printer’s in-house staff?
- Do they make it easy for me to transfer my files, review proofs on line and track my job’s progress?
- Do they provide in-house mailing, warehousing and fulfillment services?
- Is my printer concerned with our environment? Are they FSC certified? Do they employ renewable energy sources to power their operations?
- Does my printer offer more than just ink on paper?
iColor Printing customers have found that consistent product quality, outstanding person to person service, fair and competitive pricing and a wide range of production and fulfillment options combines to make iColor Printing a high value partner.